2018 Wedding Trends
For 2018 wedding trends, pros from across the country shared some 2018 trends!!
“Woodsy” not “Rustic”.
- This can include a lot of greenery in the florals and green as the wedding’s main color. There may not be much burlap and guests will see more wooden details (in the invitation, table numbers, seating cards, tags, chargers, signage, chairs and tables).
Romantic Woodland Weddings
- Goes along with the “woodsy look”. Backyard ceremonies to lavish forest weddings! Lush green weddings with foliage. Hanging installations like hoops, chandeliers, cascading blossoms, lots of floral.
Navy is the new Black.
- As an alternative to formal black, brides and grooms are opting for dark blue as the neutral shade in their wedding’s color palette.
Silver and Chrome = the Metallics of the moment
- Metallic is here to stay, but instead of gold, brass and rose gold, couples are bringing silver and chrome into the mix.
A return to Formality
- Couples are going back to formal weddings according to several wedding planners across the country.
- Hanging/suspended flowers are the floral decor of the moment.
Couples are finding new ways to entertain guests.
- Create an incredible experience for guests — interactive elements such as creative food ideas, music, and open photo booths (with new, unique props!), as well as booking epic room blocks for weddings so out-of-towners feel welcome the whole weekend).
Bring on the Texture!
- Enhancing the guests’ experience includes the details that they interact with — wax seals on menus, assorted linens on each table, and even three different tabletops for the reception tables.
Dessert Display & Creative Desserts
- Unique food is a priority. Incorporate interactive appetizer stations, like including a raw bar or roll your own sushi, using family recipes, farm-to-table dinners, and creative desserts (popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, etc.).
Blush is the Color
- Paired with a darker, dusty pink, as well as silver and navy! Brides are also choosing to brighten up the color palette with the darker pink and adding in a deep navy (the new black!).
- Two-piece wedding dresses allow brides to mix and match tops and skirts to show their personal style!
Blue & White China
- Known as “Willow”, this can be mixed and matched with other blue and white china or used as chargers!
Today’s couples are taking more control over their ceremonies – finding those perfect vows (or creating and writing their own), choosing their own readings (religious or secular), variations on the unity ceremony (wine box, hand-tying, etc.). Look at my Facebook page to find my December 8 post of a totally unique unity ceremony!!
Top choice for honeymoon – Hawaii! Fabulous year-round climate, gorgeous beaches, lots of adventure and activities, delicious food, and more! My husband and I went there on our honeymoon almost 28 years ago and it’s still a fabulous locale!!!
Winery weddings still remain very popular.
What trends do you think you will see in 2018?